Maybe, just maybe...if I post my resolutions on my blog, I will be able to attain my goals. Last year, I did mighty well in achieving most my goals. Where I failed is in my weight. Last year after Christmas I hired a personal trainer. I went diligently, 3 times a week, for SIX LONG months. Even went on days I wasn't meeting with my lovely, hard bodied, 22 year old, never had a child come out of her hips, trainer. Lost 8 pounds. I dieted too...gave up drinking wine...well...not entirely...but nonetheless attempted. I did see a huge improvement in my waist, and according to Hard Bodied Trainer, I had lost inches. Well...8 pounds didn't seem adequate enough for all of the energy, sweat, and money I had put forth. SO, I went back to my eating and drinking ways. I am up 13 pounds. Do you see where this is going? Resolutions.
1. Lose ten pounds. (hey...I am NOT quitting drinking the occasional glass of red wine.)
2. Be more patient while teaching Stephanie to drive. (How......HOW.....
H O W can a child who has a 4.333 g.p.a. and who missed seven on the state test not understand or get the concept of driving??????????? I blame her third grade teacher. Somehow it is her fault, not mine. (*wink* Kellee)
3. Be more patient with Connor and Emily. Try the Super Nanny techniques. (disclaimer- this does NOT apply when Emily gets into my makeup. Nope. Notta one bit. Makeup is expensive.)
4. *ACT* more excited when HH comes home from the firehouse after being gone 24-72 hours. In the past, I usually run to the door, anxious to get on with my "errands". I will attempt to stop and kiss HH on my way out. Ha ha haha ahahhahahahahhaha!
5. Try to do crafts weekly. This one is a bit tricky, as I have a hard time just getting in a shower. Take this morning, for example. Took a FIVE minute shower. (Yep, neglected to shave. My legs now constitute a forest that should be protected by the wildlife organization.) While in said shower, I heard a thump. C and E took chairs to the bookcase, and proceeded to take things down. In addition, I found toilet paper where toilet paper shouldn't be. Juice was attempted to be poured into sippy cups. I say attempted because juice in on my counters...not the cups. See my point? Just IMAGINE if I had actually shaved? *shiver*
6. Not complain while driving Maddi to soccer and dance every week. Truly, if I could train my dog to drive and help out I would. In fact the dog may be a better driver than Stephanie...now there is an idea.
7. Be a better friend. With all the activities my four kids are in, it is SO difficult just to fit in a phone call. I will work on it this year.
There it is....my resolutions. How about yours??? Don't be shy...